Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Outlook Data as a Source

We have a few legacy Crystal Reports that we have written that group,
calculate, etc. Outlook Calendar and conctact information. We are looking to
replace these with SQL Reports, but when I looked at my connection info under
SQL Reporting, I did not see anything that can effectively query Outlook
Calendar and Contact information. Does anyone know how I can effectively
connect to Outlook Calendar and Contact information as a source for my
reports?Hi,
You can use an OLEDB connection string to connect to Outlook/Exchange:
<code>
Outlook
9.0;MAPILEVEL="";Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;TABLETYPE=0;DATABASE=C:\Temp\
</code>
With this connection you can simple query the contacts: <code>select * from
Contacts</code>. I haven't been able to query the calendar yet, but you can
try using MS Access to create a link to Outlook and look for that properties.
Hope this would help you.
Jan Pieter Posthuma
"Jack Bender" wrote:
> We have a few legacy Crystal Reports that we have written that group,
> calculate, etc. Outlook Calendar and conctact information. We are looking to
> replace these with SQL Reports, but when I looked at my connection info under
> SQL Reporting, I did not see anything that can effectively query Outlook
> Calendar and Contact information. Does anyone know how I can effectively
> connect to Outlook Calendar and Contact information as a source for my
> reports?

No comments:

Post a Comment