Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Outlook

Hi,
try to use xp_sendmail. but you don't need the database in
single user to run dbcc checkdb, you only need single user
mode if you use the repair option.
CMLC

>--Original Message--
>Folks,
>Can you point me to where I can look for more info to
complete this task.
>There is a proprietary app running with SQL 2000 as
backend. Everynight the
>app put DB in single user mode and runs DBCC itself to
check data. That
>runs well except few times it failed to get exclusive
login in order to
>clear single user mode. It causes the app fails to
open. I think I may
>want to run a script at my computer querying the DB and
notify someone by
>using Outlook on my computer. Is there any info that can
tell me how to
>open Outlook from in inside sql script?
>Thanks,
>
>.
>
hi,
to use xp_sendmail we must have SQL mail configured on the SQL box. This is
not my case because I can't touch the box. What I wanted is to use Outlook
on my pc to send email out. Is it possible?

> you don't need the database in single user to run dbcc checkdb, you only
> need single user mode if you use the >repair option
the app is proprietary so ... no touching. It seems that it would repair
data if possible.
"CMLC" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:196d01c4a188$bc87d820$a401280a@.phx.gbl...[vbcol=seagreen]
> Hi,
> try to use xp_sendmail. but you don't need the database in
> single user to run dbcc checkdb, you only need single user
> mode if you use the repair option.
> CMLC
>
> complete this task.
> backend. Everynight the
> check data. That
> login in order to
> open. I think I may
> notify someone by
> tell me how to

No comments:

Post a Comment