Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Outlook licensing on SQL Server

Hi
Just a quick question, if I use outlook as the MAPI client for the SQL
server agent and SQL Mail section of SQL Server 2000 do I need to purchase a
license for the copy of Outlook I will use on the server even though we wll
not actually be using Outlook on that server as a full client?I forgot to ask if it also means that we need a, Exhange CAL for the SQL
server as Outlook will be communicating with our Exchange server
"OGTI" wrote:
> Hi
> Just a quick question, if I use outlook as the MAPI client for the SQL
> server agent and SQL Mail section of SQL Server 2000 do I need to purchase a
> license for the copy of Outlook I will use on the server even though we wll
> not actually be using Outlook on that server as a full client?|||Hi.
You need the appropriate Office license and an Exchange CAL.
Regards
--
Mike Epprecht, Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Zurich, Switzerland
IM: mike@.epprecht.net
MVP Program: http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
Blog: http://www.msmvps.com/epprecht/
"OGTI" <OGTI@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:66B8929F-3E51-4CBD-8707-D03834C372DE@.microsoft.com...
>I forgot to ask if it also means that we need a, Exhange CAL for the SQL
> server as Outlook will be communicating with our Exchange server
> "OGTI" wrote:
>> Hi
>> Just a quick question, if I use outlook as the MAPI client for the SQL
>> server agent and SQL Mail section of SQL Server 2000 do I need to
>> purchase a
>> license for the copy of Outlook I will use on the server even though we
>> wll
>> not actually be using Outlook on that server as a full client?

No comments:

Post a Comment