Monday, February 20, 2012

os partition problems

Hi,
I recently installed MSSQL 2000 and sp3a onto a windows 2003 server in a test lab. I configured one big c: partion on this os and installed the db in the default location.

I need to detach the db's on this server and re-attach them onto another MSSQL 2000/sp3a server running 2003 os with a partition scheme like this:

c: = 20 gigs for the os
e: = 600 gigs for the data

I could not re-attach the db's onto the e:\default path\to\database

Is there a work-around for this? This makes sense to me as to why it is not working and was an install oversight on my part but there has to be a way to overcome this delima?

Thanks in advance,
damnitYou can change the location of the files.

EXEC sp_attach_db @.dbname = N'pubs',
@.filename1 = N'c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Data\pubs.mdf',
@.filename2 = N'c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Data\pubs_log.ldf'

No comments:

Post a Comment