Saturday, February 25, 2012

osql and carc.:

I run a script with Osql and got no error but the accent caracter (french message) are modified.

the script is
CREATE PROCEDURE dbo.AccentTest
AS
Print(' ')
GO
and come
CREATE PROCEDURE dbo.AccentTest
AS
Print('Θ α Φ ε ∩ ∙')
GO
:o
This is very bad! Can someone can help me?
Any suggestion?
PLease....

osql.exe -S MyServer -U username-P pwd-d TestDB -n -o "C:\Dev\osql_test.log" -i "C:\Dev\AccentTest.sql" :What's the default language of the database? I don't have a lot of experience here, but I would start there. Also take a look at varchar and nvarchar.

[Edit: I should note that I have a default install of SQL Server 2000 (SP4). I created the proc as shown above and executed it and it printed the characters correctly.]

Regards,

hmscott

No comments:

Post a Comment