Saturday, February 25, 2012

osql and line spacing

I am importing a query to a .txt file and for some reason my file is being
written double spaced! Is there a parameter I am overlooking that will
control this' I do not know how long my lines will be so I am setting them
to be arbitrarily long so that I know that the data will not force a carrage
return.
The statement I am using to excecute my query looks like this:
"osql -SServer -Uusername -Ppassword -h-1 -o C:\Test\test.txt -s","
-w"2000" -Q"Select ' + @.flds + ' from Mytable"
I build my query in the @.flds variable based on values in another table. I
know that that part works. I just can not figure out why my output ends up
double spaced.
Thanks in advance.swag: is word wrap on in your text viewer?
Rick wrote:
> I am importing a query to a .txt file and for some reason my file is being
> written double spaced! Is there a parameter I am overlooking that will
> control this' I do not know how long my lines will be so I am setting the
m
> to be arbitrarily long so that I know that the data will not force a carra
ge
> return.
> The statement I am using to excecute my query looks like this:
> "osql -SServer -Uusername -Ppassword -h-1 -o C:\Test\test.txt -s","
> -w"2000" -Q"Select ' + @.flds + ' from Mytable"
> I build my query in the @.flds variable based on values in another table.
I
> know that that part works. I just can not figure out why my output ends u
p
> double spaced.
> Thanks in advance.
>|||No, But I was using note pad. You made me curious so I tried word pad, all
was better.
THANKS!
"Trey Walpole" wrote:

> swag: is word wrap on in your text viewer?
> Rick wrote:
>

No comments:

Post a Comment