Monday, February 20, 2012

OS requirements for MSSQL2K5.

Can 2005 be installed on XP Media Center Edition? I looked on the SQL site,
but it only references Windows XP, not this particular version.
TIA, ChrisR"ChrisR" <ChrisR@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:368FB023-9CEA-493B-A939-D941E6561F96@.microsoft.com...
> Can 2005 be installed on XP Media Center Edition? I looked on the SQL
> site,
> but it only references Windows XP, not this particular version.
Yes. I have it on my laptop. Make sure you have at least 1 gig of ram.|||Do you know of any links regarding this matter? Its not that I don't believe
you, it's just that I want to buy a new computer for home and this is the OS
most of them come with these days.
"_Stephen" wrote:
> "ChrisR" <ChrisR@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:368FB023-9CEA-493B-A939-D941E6561F96@.microsoft.com...
> > Can 2005 be installed on XP Media Center Edition? I looked on the SQL
> > site,
> > but it only references Windows XP, not this particular version.
> Yes. I have it on my laptop. Make sure you have at least 1 gig of ram.
>
>|||"ChrisR" <ChrisR@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:6BC0D546-6DD1-41A5-9EFB-03118F207EDB@.microsoft.com...
> Do you know of any links regarding this matter? Its not that I don't
> believe
> you, it's just that I want to buy a new computer for home and this is the
> OS
> most of them come with these days.
Media Center is XP Pro with better entertainment media capabilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment