Saturday, February 25, 2012

osql

I tried to issue this utitlity with T-SQL in my machine, but it asked me the
system administrator's password, how do I know this password at my local SQL
Server ?
Alan wrote:
> I tried to issue this utitlity with T-SQL in my machine, but it asked
> me the system administrator's password, how do I know this password
> at my local SQL Server ?
Specify your loing credentials when you call osql. See BOL for more
information.
David Gugick
Imceda Software
www.imceda.com
|||Alan
You may be able to use the -E switch to connect using a trusted connection.
ie. OSQL -Sservername -E
For a full list of OSQL switches refer to the osql Utility in SQL Server
Books on Line or run OSQL /? from the command line.
--
Peter Ward
WARDY IT Solutions
"Alan" <NOSPAMalan_pltse@.yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
news:Od7KzB6yEHA.2016@.TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> I tried to issue this utitlity with T-SQL in my machine, but it asked me
the
> system administrator's password, how do I know this password at my local
SQL
> Server ?
>
|||YOu may also use a standard SQL login like
osql -SServername -UyourSQLlogin -PPassword
Wayne Snyder, MCDBA, SQL Server MVP
Mariner, Charlotte, NC
www.mariner-usa.com
(Please respond only to the newsgroups.)
I support the Professional Association of SQL Server (PASS) and it's
community of SQL Server professionals.
www.sqlpass.org
"P. Ward" <peter@.online.wardyit.com> wrote in message
news:%23aB1XQ9yEHA.2192@.TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Alan
> You may be able to use the -E switch to connect using a trusted
connection.
> ie. OSQL -Sservername -E
> For a full list of OSQL switches refer to the osql Utility in SQL Server
> Books on Line or run OSQL /? from the command line.
> --
> --
> Peter Ward
> WARDY IT Solutions
> --
> "Alan" <NOSPAMalan_pltse@.yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> news:Od7KzB6yEHA.2016@.TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> the
> SQL
>

No comments:

Post a Comment